To lead and develop the Jagal Limited organisation ensuring world class joint venture management, and develop new relationships with potential joint venture partners.
Reporting to: Board of Directors
- Lead, develop, manage and motivate the Jagal Limited team. Play a pivotal role in the improvement of joint venture management and service capabilities.
- Create and communicate the vision for the company.
- Influence a team of indirect stakeholders and work closely with the Group Business Development Director and other Group internal stakeholders.
- Be a positive contributor to the executive committee and senior leadership team.
- Build and foster relationships of trust (internal and external) with key decision makers.
- Set clear, achievable and challenging objectives for direct reports. Monitor performance regularly to ensure highest chance of success.
- In the selection of team members always ensure the maximum possible use of Nigerian nationals balanced with the addition of international experience.
- Work closely with Joint Venture Partners.
2. Commercial Management and JV Relationship Management
- In conjunction with the Board, develop and implement Jagal Limited’s strategy. Review this regularly to ensure all targets and objectives are met.
- Review and improve company systems, processes and policies at all levels within the organisation to ensure JV contract compliance.
- Review all major bids prior to submission and ensure all bids are compliant with Nigerian content requirements.
- Maintain company risk register. Communicate risks to joint venture leadership.
- Work with the Group Business Development Director to understand business development activity and commercial strategies.
- Continuously seek opportunities, within joint venture contract guidelines, to increase profitability in joint venture projects.
- As required undertake commercial audits. Ensure commercial and contractual compliance.
- Review joint venture strategies, annual plans and policies and procedures. Make recommendations to the Boards of the joint ventures on any changes considered necessary.
- Maintain and enhance current joint venture relationships through regular contact and meetings.
- Ensure all joint venture partners are aware of local business risks and opportunities.
- Create and implement strategies and plans for each operational area to support the growth of the company in accordance within the business development and over-arching Group strategy for growth.
- Ensure the highest levels of integrity and transparency are maintained at all times throughout the company
- Produce weekly and monthly reports and ad-hoc reports as required for the joint venture entities, the Jagal Limited Board, and other internal stakeholders.
3. Market Intelligence
- Acquire and maintain first class competitor and market intelligence. Assemble and disseminate market intelligence to benefit the joint venture entities; ensuring contract requirements are met.
- Identify market trends; ensure plans are developed and communicated to ensure the joint ventures take advantage of these.
- Use company, market and competitor analysis to create research forecasts to be considered in joint venture business plan.
- Compile and present data in the monthly bid and tender reports.
4. Compliance and Risk
- Ensure that all commercial and contractual activities are properly planned and compliant with company objectives.
- Identify and manage all aspects of risk by the use of a risk management plan. Put in place strategies to mitigate these risks as much as possible.
- Uphold exemplary business principles in accordance with company policies, setting standards of compliance, behaviour and performance.
- Ensure appropriate assurance and controls are in place and functioning correctly to enable agreed targets to be met.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial focus with strong delivery and customer/client emphasis
- Excellent negotiator
- Demonstrable numeracy and analytical ability
- Capable leader and manager – able to delegate and set targets
- Culturally aware – able to develop others from different backgrounds – can help others excel.
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to deliver and work autonomously in a challenging environment
- Ability to handle large amounts of information and detail in an organised, efficient manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely and intellectually partner with a range of stakeholders in a dynamic environment
- Strong relationship building skills; able to operate across a range of cultures
- Well-developed influencing, facilitation, client servicing skills
- Self motivated
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and passion for business
- Quick intellect with a mindset to develop innovative solutions
- Robust and resilient; determined
- Patience to see complex situations to a conclusion. Self-confident but not arrogant
- Well-developed ethical standards and high personal integrity
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally commercial / business management
- Master’s degree an advantage
- Managed multiple joint venture entities
- Broad commercial experience, ideally within an oil and gas services sector
- Proven track record in negotiation of complex high value joint ventures and similar contracts
- Has concluded joint venture agreements and delivered projects within joint venture framework
- Able to add value in related areas such as supply chain, risk management, tax, and cost control
- Successfully led corporate improvement initiatives
- Ideally has knowledge of Africa, and is familiar with the business environment
- Broad international experience
Jagal Limited is open to forming strategic partnerships where we and our partners can have mutually advantageous synergies. Jagal offers tremendous experience of doing business in Nigeria and has real substance in all its operating activities. Currently, we have numerous successful partnerships and joint ventures where we contribute equity, assets and genuine collaboration towards a unified vision.
We welcome open discussions from interested investors who are looking to do business in Nigeria. We are equally open to discussions with existing players and stakeholders who believe there are significant opportunities either on a project-by-project basis or in a form of long-term partnership