The General Manager’s responsibilities is to create a productive work environment, with the goal of achieving short and long term company goals, through the management and supervision of direct reports and in compliance with all company policies, guidelines, and government regulations
- Oversee activities directly related to farm operations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
- Implement or oversee environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, or waste management.
- Keeps abreast of market, industry and other environmental changes and develops strategies to best utilize the Company’s core competencies for generating sales and profits.
- Analyze competitors, customers, and suppliers to form sales and marketing strategies on monthly basis
- Ensures compliance with required seafood-related permits and licenses
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, develops and discharges employees as necessary
- Purchases and maintains authorized property, equipment, and vehicles
- Provide periodic performance evaluation reports to all departmental heads and direct report
- Establish budgets and set location goals, and develop plans to achieve them
- Appraise, lead, and motivate employees to implement plans
- Communicate with all departmental heads and employees and provide advice as necessary to resolve issues
- All other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Diploma holder/B.Sc. Agriculture, Aquaculture or Animal Husbandry or related engendering degree
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Fish farm operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience as Assistant General Manager
- Experience in Africa and catfish farming would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, delegation and motivation skills
- Experience preparing and implementing annual budgets
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize, and delegate appropriately
- Demonstrated high integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Knowledge of food safety regulations preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations
- Ability to effectively address and solve problems and make decisions in a manner consistent with the company’s core values business objectives
- Team player
- High Ethical standard
- Negotiation Skills
- Good presentation skills
- Budget Preparation
- Business Acumen
- Risk Management
- Good mental and physical ability
- Must be willing to stay on-site for most of the
- Ability to lead and motive a team of over 20 multicultural people.
Communication & Interfaces
- Project Operations (HR, Legal, Finance & Admin)
- Clients, Contractors, Vendors
- Board of Directors
- External bodies
- Regulatory Authorities
Shaldag Limited is an aquaculture production company that is focused primarily on the production of Catfish and Tilapia production. The farm will comprise of a hatchery and an on-growing section which will involve the use of re-circulatory systems. Plans are also in place to expand into feed production. Once fully operational, Shaldag limited will have the largest aquaculture farm in West Africa