REPORTS TO: Security Supervisor
Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees .
- Preventing losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Actively maintaining the confidentiality of information to which officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information.
- Completing relevant records and log books in a professional manner providing sufficient details.
- Maintaining all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensuring all defects are reported
- Ensuring the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Providing support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm professional manner.
- Carrying out internal and external patrols, day and night to ensure a safe and secure environment, promptly reporting and escalating potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required:
- Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures
- Ability to work effectively and constructively within a team
- Ability to handle modern security gadgets
- Ability to assess a situation quickly, using appropriate actions to diffuse a situation and provide effective solutions, particularly with people demonstrating disruptive behaviors.
- Ability to control emotions and be objective
- Ability to exercise judgments and make decisions
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a sense of calm and control in difficult situations, minimizing panic in others.
- Ability to use initiative and be adaptable.
- A degree in Social Science and other higher degrees is an added advantage
- Certificate trainings on security and safety especially in the Maritime industry is key
- Experience in a management/supervisory role
- Must have strong integrity and ethical values
- Must have extensive knowledge of security situations in the industry and country as a whole.
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must be proactive and forward thinking.
- Must be good at organizing and managing priorities
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Must be motivated and committed
- Must be reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems
Mode of Application
If you meet the requirements for the above position, apply with copies of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org email address.