Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports To: Chief Executive
Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. Leads and directs the following business units: operations, human resources, information systems, new business coordination, organizational promotion and communication.
Assists the CEO in the development of organization policies and goals that cover operations, personnel, financial performance, and growth of the functions and/or business units mentioned above.
- · Responsible for managing the activities of the company, including daily operations.
- · Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria, and to preserve the capital funds invested in the enterprise.
- · Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
- · Strategic planning and resource allocation
- · Develop and Manage product strategy implementation, meeting budgets and timelines.
- · Set operational and performance goals for each department with achievable and tied to long-term goals.
- · Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made
- · Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is in sync.
- · Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organization goals and objectives. Recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- · Directs the development and installation of procedures and controls, to promote communication and adequate information flow, and thereby solidify management control and direction of the enterprise.
- · Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the broad policies and objectives and ensures their adequate execution. Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the CEO
- · Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- · Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization. Establishes policies to insure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession for those functions/business units falling under his/her responsibility.
- · Directs the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans. Ensures that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- · Responsible for ensuring that business operations are efficient and effective
- · Responsible for ensuring the proper management of resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, system analysis and improvement.
- · Marshaling limited resources to the most productive uses with the aim of creating maximum value for the company’s stakeholders.
- · Developing and cascading the organization’s strategy/mission statement to the lower-ranking staff, and implementing appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals.
- · Planning by prioritizing customer, employee, and organizational requirements.
- · Maintaining and monitoring staffing, levels, Knowledge-Skills-Attributes (KSA), expectations and motivation to fulfill organizational requirements
- · Driving performance measures for the operation (including a consideration of efficiency versus effectiveness), often in the form of dashboards convenient for review of high level key indicators
- · Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall clinical and business operations for the Center.
- · Directs and supervises all Center activities through managers and administrative support staff.
- · Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies for the Center.
- · Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
- · Analyzes and recommends changes in organizational systems, policies and procedures and ensure implementation.
- · Delegates authority and responsibility as appropriate.
- · Undertakes special projects as directed by the CEO.
- · Act as a catalyst in getting the daily operations of a firm done effectively and within the stipulated time.
- · Monitor the performance of each operational unit through the performance reporting system and take corrective actions wherever necessary.
- · Assess the progress made by each operating unit to ensure that they are all working towards achieving a common goal for the organization.
- · Advise management on key changes in the planning of pivotal business strategies and decisions.
- · Undertake the responsibility of optimal allocation of resources to redeem maximum value for the organization.
- · Plans the activities of various departments and discusses them with the respective heads.
- · Attend crucial meetings, contribute in the acquisition and takeover activities, etc. that generate growth opportunities for the business.
- · Successfully execute various activities and strategies to meet the goals of the organization.
- · Develop, improve, and direct strategies to support and promote organizational policies and objectives.
- · Conduct regular meetings and sessions with all department heads to ensure that tasks are completed as per the priorities.
- · Set and assign operational goals for all departments from time to time to realize annual targets.
- · Applicants must have a good degree with seasoned work experience with high level managerial skills. An MBA may be an added advantage.
- · Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
- · A proven record of building up sales and scaling the departments that are key to your company’s success.
- · Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- · Skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and supervising.
- · Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making. Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- · Ability to anticipate and react calmly in emergency situations.
- · Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- · Skill in developing comprehensive reports. Ability to analyze and interpret complex data. Skill in developing and maintaining Center quality improvement. Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills.
Three years of operational management or 3years of office management experience